Reston orthodontists are a dental specialty that focuses on the development, prevention and correction of irregularities of the teeth, bite and jaws. Advancements in orthodontic technology have resulted in alignment options that are more aesthetically pleasing, which has opened the door for more adults to seek orthodontic treatment. In fact, one out of five orthodontic patients today is an adult. Although, orthodontic treatment should be started early for maximum effectiveness. It is recommended that children receive an orthodontic evaluation by age seven.
Reston orthodontists- Procedures for orthodontics can be for a functional purpose or cosmetic.
- A functional purpose would be possibly correcting a bite, whereas a cosmetic procedure may be misalignment…..
- Titanium implants, which may be anchored in the bone on the side of the mouth and palate to control shifting front teeth back and allowing space, is one procedure.
- Another common orthodontic treatment is a removable appliance such as a retainer or a series of clear aligners.
- A patient who wears braces may have magnets attached to them to help lift and reposition underlying molars.
- Less common orthodontic treatments could include expansion appliances and elastic bands.
- The cost of orthodontic treatment varies depending on the type of treatment selected and where treatment is sought.
Reston orthodontists in your area and check their credentials. Most dental practices nowadays have websites and social networking pages so you can start your search on the Internet. Their web pages may have all the relevant information you need to make an informed decision about getting braces for adults or children. Look for cheap orthodontics on dental websites, as clinics do not air their advertisements on television and may not use print media. You may find some great discounts on orthodontic services if you look at the websites of several oral care clinics. Some dental practitioners have referral programs, which can provide you with discounts for every new patient you refer to the clinic.